Dessert Pizza (And V's 2nd birthday!)

This weekend we celebrated my son's 2nd Birthday by having a few friends over for a DIY pizza party - dessert pizza included!

To say the cake was a hit would be an understatement. It was super easy for the kids (ranging from 14 months to 2 years) to eat, the adults loved it too and it was full of delicious fruit. While not totally healthy, I would like to think it's slightly healthier than a baked cake with icing.

Dessert Pizza
Ingredients: 

For the "crust":
Rice crispies
1 bag of marshmallows
butter
vanilla extract
Note: I only added in 5 cups of rice cereal, instead of the recommended 6. I find this makes them extra soft. 

For the "Sauce":
1 jar marshmallow fluff
1 container cream cheese

Toppings: 
Assorted cut up fruit - whatever is in season
I chose mostly berries, as that is my sons favourite!


Instructions: 
Make rice crispies the same way you would make squares (recipe is on the box)
Pour onto a cake stand or plate...I found the cake stand easiest so I could cut them into slices later. 
Once it cools a bit, use your fingers or a buttered spoon and press the rice crispies down flat, while pressing the edges into a "crust". This will also help hold the filling. 

Whip cream cheese and marshmallow fluff together, and pour onto rice crispies. 

Assemble fruit toppings

It's that easy!!
(Paw patrol toppers options ;)







Here are a few photos from the party. Happy birthday, little man!






 

No comments :

Post a Comment